• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Charcoalwookie

Charcoalwookie

New Poster

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:40 PM

My 7 month on female kitten was spayed in June and now I think she's on heat again how is this possible? Her vulva is swollen and she is licking constantly and is very affectionate and does the "I'm available" dance with her butt when ever my desexed male come near her and not to mention the wanting to get out and the really loud calling. Is it possible the Vets stuffed up her spay and left something in there. Has this happened to Anyones female before if so please tell me wat happened and wat was done to fix it? Thanks for taking the time to read.

#2 nanakante

nanakante

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:My hobby is playing with my cat

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:27 AM

In rare cases that can sometimes happen. Usually what we have is that there is some ovarian tissue outside the ovary itself, somewhere in the abdomen, that’s not easily seen, that is still functioning ovarian tissue making the hormones and so the cat can come into heat, even after she’s had her spay surgery. This is pretty rare but it can happen. Work with your veterinarian. He or she can determine if that’s truly what’s going on. If it is, unfortunately the kitty has to have surgery again so that they can go in and find that tissue, take it out, and prevent her from going into heat again.

Don't Make These 5 Cat Care Mistakes - www.catcaremistakes.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users