• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Georgelucy

Georgelucy

New Poster

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:56 PM

I have adopted a brother and sister (6months). They have been in their foster home since 8 weeks and obviously are a bit shy and stressed with the move. They come on Sunday (today is Tuesday) and they have not eaten. The girl did come out yesterday and last night and looked around etc even sleeping on dining chair facing me. The brother has come out but shakes in fear when near him. They are in our back room and kitchen area, hiding under a buffet. I have bought Felliway to help amd will try some catnip today. How long can they go without food? There is water for them but can't tell if they have drunk any. Any advice pleae.

#2 Muffy

Muffy

I love my Devon Scarf

• Admin
  • 2,242 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Playing bridge & of course cats

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:46 PM

It can take time.  Are you feeding what they were eating in their foster home?  I would just leave the food out & see what happens.  Take your time with them.  Just sit in the room & read in a soft voice for about 10-15mins at a time.  They will become used to you &  learn you mean them no harm.  Let them make the approach & don't  reach out to them.  Good luck & let us know how you go

IPB Image

#3 Georgelucy

Georgelucy

New Poster

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

@Muffy. Thanks and I will. The fact that she came out last night was a good sign. Yes am feeding them the same. So fingers crossed. Thanks for the reassurance.

#4 Muffy

Muffy

I love my Devon Scarf

• Admin
  • 2,242 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Playing bridge & of course cats

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:48 AM

Great.  It can take time.  I had one hide under my bed for 3 weeks, but come out & eat while I was asleep.  She eventually came to sit on my lap but it was always on her terms.

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users