what is a good diet for my cat?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Minty Manx

Minty Manx

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:04 AM

well minty the desexed female Manx , turn's one year old next month.

so I'm wondering what would be a healthy diet, she eats hills science dry food I get from my vet and have also been giving her felex .

she is an inside only cat , but likes riding with me in truck, but I never let her run free as want to keep her safe.

so any recommendation I can get fresh fish or prawns, as I live on the coast.

thanks in advance.

#2 ChocolateDots

ChocolateDots

Cat Mad

• Admin
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:28 AM

Hills is low quality food. There are a number of pet food ranking websites around depending on what country youre in and the brands available.

We feed mostly raw, with some wet food and grain free dry

#3 zzzsmokeyzzz

zzzsmokeyzzz

New Poster

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Love cats and own 2 calico kitties!

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:13 AM

We do wet food. Our oldest gets sick easily so we stay away from dry food. Some raw food as well.

#4 Minty Manx

Minty Manx

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:46 AM

thank's for advice.

I'm in nsw . minty was a rescue kitten & from r s p c a, all she would eat when I got her was hills , as thats what they feed her on.

I tried advance, she would not touch it, got hills from a pet shop, would not touch it. went to my vet who sell's hill's she gave me samples and minty loved it. when I go away, she stays at my vet's, that's what they feed the cats that board with them.

but now she is almost one year, she turns one on 3rd November . she likes fish ( raw ) and have given her raw chicken breast, she likes fish more.

I just want her healthy. she is very active but I keep her 100% inside. she loves riding in my ute with me and wants to be with me all the time. love her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users