• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SpringApple

SpringApple

New Poster

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:02 PM

Its been a few years since I was here last. In meantime had 3 heart attacks and fine now and got another cat, adopted as family couldn't keep there tomcat, Magic which has been living here now for coming up soon 6 weeks.

Its odd when feeding Sooty, first Magic would be in the kitchen and near Sooty's bowl almost within nose to nose distance. Yet if its not feeding time and I try and put Sooty, near to, Magic, Sooty starts to be the aggressive one with growling/hissing, first at, Magic. I don't understand the behavior and when, Sooty is gonna aspect fact that Magic is here to stay.

Both are indoors cats. They tend to sleep separately and eat separately in other rooms or should I try and put both there food bowls 1 foot apart from the other and see how they get along.

#2 Muffy

Muffy

I love my Devon Scarf

• Admin
  • 2,267 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Playing bridge & of course cats

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:46 AM

Don't force the issue.  Let them adjust to each other.  One will be the Top Cat & they have to work it out.  You could try playing with a teaser when they are both around.  This sometimes brings them closer together

IPB Image

#3 SpringApple

SpringApple

New Poster

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:56 AM

thnx :b:

#4 nanakante

nanakante

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:My hobby is playing with my cat

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:25 PM

I have two cats, and one of them is what I would call an… aggressive eater. He's always been that way. I took him in as a young stray born of a feral parents, but I managed to domesticate him to be one of the sweetest cats you will ever know.

But feeding times brings out his posturing, and meals are consumed with a constant growling under his breath and guarded glances towards his happily-feeding companion like someone is going to take away his last meal for awhile. Of course that never happens; there is plenty for all. My thinking was that teaching them to eat together would be a useful part of his social domestication…

Don't Make These 5 Cat Care Mistakes - www.catcaremistakes.blogspot.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users