Hi, I am a little confused about what breed of cat to get because originally I was thinking a Burmese but read that it is better to have 2 as they require a lot of attention.
This will be our first indoor cat, our 11yr old dog recently passed away :-(
So if anyone can help with breed selection, that would be great!
Here is some info:
* I have two young boys, school age (5yr and 7yr)
* The cat would be on its own only 3 days a week (approx 8.30am - 3.30pm), I only work 3 days a week. Obviously on the weekends we might go out on Sundays...etc and on my days off I might duck out to the shops...
* It would be an only cat, we really don't want a second cat.
* I would love the cat to be playful, but also love to snuggle on our laps.
* I really don't like the idea of having a lot of hair around on the furniture or clothing, so would prefer a low shedding cat. Am I right in saying that even domestic cats shed quite a bit in comparison to some other breeds?
I really want to choose the right breed, your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!