Cat Chat Home Page

Cat Information Cat Breeds and Pictures  Cat Breeder's Listings
overcome with grief about euthanasia please help - Cat Health - Cat Forums Australia

Photo

overcome with grief about euthanasia please help

euthanasia grief

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 katekate

katekate

New Poster

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:51 PM

3 days ago we put our beloved cat down. Zeus. He was 15 1/2 but started sleeping a lot and had been drinking water from our glasses beside the bed. In fact I saw him drinking from the pot plants outside for a long time. He stopped eating one day and so we took him to the vet with the news it was bad kidney disease. I feel so terrible because i should have taken him to the vet months ago for a check up..but he seemed happy until the last few weeks he was very whingy (I thought for more food). I am so guilt ridden because i would get angry at him for meowing so much. The poor little man was just trying to tell us something wasn't right! We got him an anti nausea injection and the vet recommended to put him down the next day. My partner didn't want to put him on IV fluids in a hospital because he didn't want that stress for him. We slept with him in the lounge room that night and gave him as much love as possible. We put him down the next day, in our arms. The poor little thing was so confused and limp. I keep thinking that we could have saved him! It was too quick and we didn't even try to help him.  it could have helped!? I am suffering so much sadness and guilt. I want my beautiful cat back and its too late....I can't stop crying

#2 Muffy

Muffy

I love my Devon Scarf

• Admin
  • 2,240 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Playing bridge & of course cats

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:12 AM

I went through a similar experience.  My boy was only 13 & yes the guilt & loss is huge. I can only empathise with you & let you know that you gave him love & you will smile again when you remember some of the funny & wonderful things he did.  Sleep peacefully Zeus

This article might help

http://www.catsofaus...g-cat-death.htm

IPB Image

#3 katekate

katekate

New Poster

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:27 AM

Thank you for your words and the article. They helped a lot. Thank you.

#4 charleycat

charleycat

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:26 PM

I'm so sorry. Losing your cat can be a huge shock and absolutely devastating. They aren't able to tell us what is wrong and they hide things so well that they can even fool the vets. I know how you feel as my Charley was taken ill one afternoon, rushed him to the vet and he was put to sleep. I was totally unprepared and the grief hit like a ton of bricks. Charley is my avatar and he died back in 2008. Only a few months later two Birmans came to live with us. They have their own share of love but will never replace Charley. They are all unique. Nobody understands your grief like other cat lovers. Create a page in memory of your cat and look at it when you can. Frame your favourite photo and keep it where you can see it often. Zeus is now resting (or playing!) and has no pain.

Rainbow Bridge Zeus. Fly free.

#5 kareen

kareen

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:09 PM

I'm so sorry for what happen! stay strong and I'm sure that Zeus is happy to have you in her life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users