2 replies to this topic

#1 Maggies.mum

Maggies.mum

New Poster

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

Hi all,
We adopted our lovely kitten Maggie a week ago, and after noticing a bald spot over the weekend took her to the vet to find she has ringworm! The vet was a bit blase about the whole thing, but gave us some tablets to hopefully clear it up.
My questions come around what to do until then. We don't have any other pets but I have 2 young kids who I am worried about passing it on to. I googled and it scared the bejesus out of me!! Vet said she will be contagious for a week or so. I have confined her to the laundry today but her crying has broken my heart!! Can I let her out or should I be trying to contain her to one area?
Any advice would be appreciated.

#2 Muffy

Muffy

I love my Devon Scarf

• Admin
  • 2,262 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Playing bridge & of course cats

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:25 AM

I have been lucky & never had any cats with ringworm (touch wood) but I found this article & hope it might help

http://www.catsofaus...orm-in-cats.htm

IPB Image

#3 nanakante

nanakante

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:My hobby is playing with my cat

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

I would call up your vet to make another appointment, and start earlier with the cat carrier. I find that it helps to put the carrier in a bathtub, with the open end pointing up, to hide it from sight of the cat, and then catch the cat, take the cat to the bathroom, close the bathroom door, and the shove cat in the carrier butt down. With Bentley, I start an hour before I have to leave :)

Ringworm is contagious to people. Wash your hands after touching her, keep her out of your bed, Wash your bedsheets if she has slept on them. Keep washable blankets on anything she sleeps on. Ringworm isn't super contagious to people, and it can be treated by Fungal Medications such as tinactin- just make sure that on the package it says somewhere that it treats ringworm

Don't Make These 5 Cat Care Mistakes - www.catcaremistakes.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users