• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jesie

jesie

New Poster

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

I run a small pet shelter from my home and have trouble keeping things clean and odor free. I clean the kennels regularly, but the smell from the urine and feces remains. I need a product that is safe to use around pets and will get rid of the smell. Does anyone have any suggestions?

#2 KittyKat

KittyKat

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:43 PM

Hi Jessie, We are not supposed to keep animals where we live (in a unit block) and have to make sure that I don't let any kitty odors escape! :mellow: The best idea,for us is when I clean the kitty litter I always shake some Bi carb soda on the bottom of the tray,this absorbs any unwanted smells, it also becomes mixed with the the rest of the litter,when puss scratches around in it .Try putting the powder in an empty clean honey conical squeeze bottle (works well) Also a product I have found wonderful,and would not be without, is made by Air Wick,and called Odor Stop,funny just noticed it also has baking soda in it. :hh: Hope this is of some help. cheers Trisha

#3 kata

kata

Cat Mad

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:21 AM

:a: Milton is wonderful for getting rid of smells. it's the stuff that mums use to sterilise babies bottles (may not be called Milton down under). We used it in hospitals to get rid of the smell of urine. The key was to wash the mattress but NOT RINSE and leave to airdry. The other thing I used recently in the garden before we had our paving done was vinegar water. There was a patch of the patio smelling of cat urine and I didn't want it to smell once the pavers was laid. So I diluted white vinegar into water (generously) and poured the bucket over the area of sand that was smelly. the smell never returned! :hh:

#4 fleabag

fleabag

shuffling, shuffling ...

• 2,445 posts
  • Interests:Pets, gardening ..travelling travelling travelling<br />Working with disabled kids, swimming with wild things ...

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

Biozet laundry powder or liquid is good as it has enzymes that remove the smells ..even those WE cant smell..So mix up a solution and slosh it over the flooring or walls ..whatever..then rinse off with plain water.
I could be unstoppable if I could just get started.

#5 TiffanyB

TiffanyB

New Poster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:17 AM

They make this product called Poop-Off. It works amazing. I used it on concrete and pavers to clean up my backyard and it got rid of the smell and debris. It is non toxic and biodegradable which is a huge plus

#6 itsme

itsme

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

Look for something that kills the odor. This will help you greatly.

#7 catsmyth

catsmyth

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

I think baby powder works?? My cousin uses a non-odour one on his guniea pigs lol :P

#8 lynh

lynh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

OMG!! "Poop Off"!! What elegant names we have for things! I would imagine that stuff REALLY works, otherwise they wouldn't dare put such a name on a bottle and expect it to sell. :signlol:

#9 CeilingCat

CeilingCat

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:11 AM

Haha wow Poop-off, you have to wonder where people come up with these names? I thought companies did research into the most appealing names for people? Obviously not that one. I've had a bit of success finding odor free online. You can't find them all the time, so when I don't I just usually pop into my local animal store and pick up some Milton

#10 hitcher

hitcher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(catsmyth @ Feb 10 2012, 03:26 PM) [snapback]43127[/snapback]
I think baby powder works?? My cousin uses a non-odour one on his guniea pigs lol :P
Are you sure? I have never heard of it. baby powder? like Johnson and Johnson?

#11 vpoint13

vpoint13

New Poster

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

I do! I love love LOVE my cats and my dog. But after Clover had her babies, she suddenly started marking the house. It has been AWFUL. I don't need to tell you how impossible it is to get rid of cat urine. But it is IMPOSSIBLE. Home remedies and solutions just soak it in deeper to the fabric or carpet, let's be honest. But I recently tried this new "air purifier" called CritterZone, and was reluctant because it was so small but had BIG claims and promises. You know what? Their claims are SPOT ON!! It's a little machine that does some sort of ionization or whatever and breaks down the pee. Clover peed on my rug (again) and their website said to just put the air purifier down on the spot for an hour and all that will be left is water. IT WORKED. Kid you not. Then it said for all of her old spots I can just wet them down with water to reactivate it, leave it on there, do it maybe twice for an hour a piece, and BAM. Gone. I can't believe it. I got four of these things. Two for my main level, one for litter pan area, and one for the area around my dog kennel. YOU CAN'T EVEN TELL I HAVE PETS!! Check it out for ANY smells, no joke. (my cats are even sharing litter boxes now? THEY can't even smell it?)

#12 Guerin.Ron

Guerin.Ron

New Poster

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

I use bleach and water solution and mop it over the place to remove odor. :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” choosehottubsdirect.com reviews

#13 Heather Sharada

Heather Sharada

Cat Mad

• 3,048 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

This is one from the past - the air purifier got good reviews but can't see an Australian supplier http://www.prweb.com...rweb9931881.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users