• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lunalou

lunalou

New Poster

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:48 AM

can anyone out here give me some advice, i think my 6m old kitten is pregnant, yes i kno, very bad owner, unfortunatly we werent quick enough getting her brother neautered, hes been done for about 3 weeks now but luna has put on a bit of weight, been eating a fair bit, very affectionate but always has been, teats are up and pink, does this sound like a pregnancy or just coming on heat? sorry to sound so nieve but i hae only ever had male cats! any helpful advice would be great :a:

#2 Muffy

Muffy

I love my Devon Scarf

• Admin
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Playing bridge & of course cats

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:56 AM

Never having had a pregnant cat before I'm not the best on saying yes, but it certainly sounds like she is.
IPB Image

#3 lunalou

lunalou

New Poster

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:11 AM

thanks for taking the time to read the message, we think she is pregnant, just need some advice and tips now :a:

#4 Furrballz

Furrballz

Cat Mad

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

I would still be getting her desexed. It is a more risky op, but allowing a 6mth old kitten give birth opens her up to not surviving the birth, or a c-section at worst! She is also pregnant to her brother, so this could mean kittens that are deformed or just not right. It could also mean they are normal, but I personally wouldnt risk it with one of mine. The other issue will be the risk of her deciding to reject the kittens as she is too immature to know how to raise them. Please have a think and see if you are prepared for a bill of up to $2,000 for birthing complications, and then weeks to months of sleepless nights when you are needed to stay awake all night to hand feed the kittens that are born. Raising kittens certainly isnt for the faint-hearted! Good Luck!!

Hugs and Kitty Kisses,
Terri-Ann
xxx

When God Created the Ragdoll Cat....He was Just Showing Off!!

Furrballz Ragdolls
Melbourne, Australia
Visit Furrballz Ragdolls at Home!

#5 meccmama

meccmama

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:soccer ,writing,reading,i like playing with my new hamster and my kitties .

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:22 PM

if shes pregnant and you nueter her you might kill the kittens and she might get sick i've never nuetered a cat and my kittens were born at home. Keep her n the house though .

#6 ChocolateDots

ChocolateDots

Cat Mad

• Admin
  • 996 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(meccmama @ Nov 27 2010, 11:52 AM) [snapback]39431[/snapback]
if shes pregnant and you nueter her you might kill the kittens and she might get sick i've never nuetered a cat and my kittens were born at home. Keep her n the house though .
the whole point of getting her neutered asap is so she won't have the kittens, what a shame you've never had a cat or kitten neutered, no wonder there are kittens around your home. I do hope you can start to get your cats fixed so they don't keep breeding unnecessarily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users