Photo

New catgirl here =3

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AliTatt

AliTatt

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Cats &lt;3<br />Warrior cats series -- book series, manga, fan-fics, anything to do with it<br />My amazing Aussie boyfriend &lt;3<br />Writing, music, art, and helping

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:03 AM

Heya, I'm Ali, and I'm a cat addict from Canada. I currently own a tortie and a black mixed-breed; I have lived with animals my whole life. I once dreamed of being a vet, then changed to wanting to be a youth counselor and cat breeder :3 I'm gonna be moving to Pomona in Queensland in July to live with my boyfriend and his family, go to school, and someday get married <3 I have been obsessed with cats since I was a baby; I had a cat named Satan at the time, half farm-tabby half-bobcat, dad domesticated him while his littermates had to be put down. That cat helped me grow a (very) healthy and strong respect for the beautiful creatures. I have gone all of one year of my life without cats (so like, 18 years of cats, woot), have been studying them since I was 7, and am more than a little obsessed xD I have done presentations in school about them, have observed their behaviors and such -- with a variety of different cats, lineages, and circumstances -- so I have a rather decent understanding of them from that alone. I have been doing research online and offline for years, especially in the field of breeding and what traits pedigrees have -- I own three books about pedigrees. So yeah xDD I know what the heck I'm getting myself into. Also been recently doing research on places I can get the pedigree breeds i'm interested in around Queensland, and looking at what one has to do to become a registered breeder. Help in this research would be much appreciated =) oh, and a heads up, I.Love.PURPLE ♥♥ ~ Ali♥

♥My name's Ali, I'm 19, and moving to Australia in July to live with my boyfriend <3
♥I am dedicated to helping others, following my dreams, and being creative.
♥I'm writing two teen romance/drama novels that touch on issues of abuse, early childhood going through a divorce,
parents re-marrying, half-siblings, and teen parenthood. I also write my own music.
♥My digital camera is my baby; I'm willing to protect it and my boy with my life.
♥My dream is to be a youth counselor, pedigree cat breeder (Munchkin, and try one litter of a hybrid),
publish my novels, and be able to have a happy and secure life with my soulmate <3

#2 Muffy

Muffy

I love my Devon Scarf

• Admin
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Playing bridge &amp; of course cats

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:48 PM

Hi Ali & welcome. That a huge step to take to move to the other side of the world. Best wishes & keep us informed how it all goes.
IPB Image

#3 devonrexluva

devonrexluva

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

Hi Ali, welcome hope breeding goes well Love B :biggrin:

#4 ChocolateDots

ChocolateDots

Cat Mad

• Admin
  • 996 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:37 PM

Hi and welcome. To become a registered breeder you need to apply for a prefix from one of the Qld governing bodies. I think there are 3 in Qld. http://www.cfccq.org/ http://www.qfeline.com/ http://www.qicc.org.au/ In my opinion it's best to get a neuter to show first, you'll learn all about the breed standard and network with other breeders for a few years before getting entire cats. Good luck with your move to Aus

#5 AliTatt

AliTatt

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Cats &lt;3<br />Warrior cats series -- book series, manga, fan-fics, anything to do with it<br />My amazing Aussie boyfriend &lt;3<br />Writing, music, art, and helping

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:52 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone ^-^ Checked out those sites, and I'm definitely gonna make sure I have a few years with a de-sexed kitten/cat of both breeds of interest x)

♥My name's Ali, I'm 19, and moving to Australia in July to live with my boyfriend <3
♥I am dedicated to helping others, following my dreams, and being creative.
♥I'm writing two teen romance/drama novels that touch on issues of abuse, early childhood going through a divorce,
parents re-marrying, half-siblings, and teen parenthood. I also write my own music.
♥My digital camera is my baby; I'm willing to protect it and my boy with my life.
♥My dream is to be a youth counselor, pedigree cat breeder (Munchkin, and try one litter of a hybrid),
publish my novels, and be able to have a happy and secure life with my soulmate <3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users