New member!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ithika

Ithika

New Poster

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Art, Ancient Mythology, History, Gaming, Geekery ;), Tropical Fish, Cichlids, cats, dogs, Marine Fish

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

Hello everyone! I've joined COA forums as I'm looking at buying a second cat, (probably a Burmese kitten this time) and decided to look into cat-people-communities. This seems a good one! This seemed as good a place for a first post as any, so here I am! This is my (boyfriend's) DSH cat, Exo. We adopted him from Cat Haven (in Perth) two years ago as a 'teenager' and he is wonderful. IPB Image IPB Image Exo has played 'soccer', and just generally will jump up to catch things and even play a bit of fetch since he was a kitten. Two years on he still makes that little clicky "I want it I want it" noise when he sees his favourites (since it is a large rubber band he only gets to play with it when we can stop him from eating it...) and achieves some pretty dramatic acrobatic feats! and this is the day we took him home from the Cat Haven! IPB Image Because like all cats, he believes that he is the Lord of the Household, we built him his own Cat Castle/Cat Palace to live in (complete with crenelated battlements!) (which incidentally make perfect peep-holes and head-rests). IPB Image IPB Image Lord of the Realm by Ghanorama, on Flickr

#2 Muffy

Muffy

I love my Devon Scarf

• Admin
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Playing bridge & of course cats

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:57 AM

What a lovely boy. Wonderful markings.
IPB Image

#3 meglane

meglane

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Cats, rats and dogs! <br />My family, the outdoors, surfing, adventure.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

He's beautiful! I love his Cat Castle. Very cute :)
"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Meg :)

#4 ChocolateDots

ChocolateDots

Cat Mad

• Admin
  • 996 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hi and welcome. Just love Exo's castle

#5 Ithika

Ithika

New Poster

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Art, Ancient Mythology, History, Gaming, Geekery ;), Tropical Fish, Cichlids, cats, dogs, Marine Fish

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

Thank you all for your comments and welcomes :)

#6 lynh

lynh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

Hi and welcome, Exo is SO handsome. The first photo, the one just of his face, is good enough to have enlarged into a small poster and then have framed. He has so much character. I've just read your other post about buying a Burmese kitten and perhaps showing it.........looking at Exo's photo makes me wonder if there are "proper" cat shows for "moggies" (sounds like horrible name to give them, doesn't it?) - I think he'd do well if there is. I'll look forward to hearing news of the new addition when it happens.

#7 Ithika

Ithika

New Poster

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

Thanks so much Lynh! I love that photo too - can you believe I took it with my iphone? I'd love to find out if such a thing existed! But Exo haaaates traveling in the car so I don't know if I could put him through it. And yeah... I don't like calling them moggies.. DSH is a bit cold-sounding but 'moggie' sounds a bit mean! Poor free-bred kitties! I just brought my new kitten today! She is 8 weeks old, so I'll be able to take her home in about 4 weeks. I'll put some photos up soon! :)

#8 lynh

lynh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:56 AM

Gosh, it's hard to believe you took such a great photo with a phone. Then again, it's an Iphone, and they're supposed to be pretty special. I'm a bit behind the times with phones, and an Iphone would probably be a waste of money on me, 'cause I'm so hopeless with technology I wouldn't get full use out of it. No doubt I'll catch up in about a decade, if I'm still alive that is !! :signlol: I'm 53 and am just happy that I have worked out emails and SMSs. :j: I actually HAVE just worked out how to record with my simple little Nokia, and have made a recording of my most vocal cat, Summer, yowling away, and have turned the recording into a message alert. If it works it's going to be so cute. (Now I'm just waiting for someone to message me). Then I'll work on getting a long enough recording to turn it into a ringtone. Congrats on the new kitten. I bet you can't wait for the next month to pass. Do you think you'll be able to introduce her to Exo straight away, or will they both need the usual "isolate and introduce slowly" method? I guess showing Exo isn't on the cards if he hates the car. It's far too cruel to do that to any cat who doesn't enjoy a drive. What a pity though. His eyes are amazing. Keep in touch.

#9 fleabag

fleabag

shuffling, shuffling ...

• 2,445 posts
  • Interests:Pets, gardening ..travelling travelling travelling<br />Working with disabled kids, swimming with wild things ...

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

Domestics can be shown as companion cats ..go visit the next cat show near you and check it out ..they'll be able to fill you in on the necessary details ..and yes he would stand a good chance as long as he smooches the judges ..lol
I could be unstoppable if I could just get started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users