5 replies to this topic

#1 fefe76

fefe76

fefe76

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Travelling, dining out, playing with my cats, reading, cooking

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

Well if you remember Sparky had a cold a few weeks ago anyway he is all better on that front. Yesterday I noticed weird rashes on his tummy as he flops over and wants belly rubs all the time but just happened to notice patches of hair missing and red marks so looked closer at them but have no idea what it could be. He is not licking or scratching them and seems in no discomfort whatsoever so not a clue what it is. Any ideas? http://i1163.photobu...76/IMG_0255.jpg

#2 lynh

lynh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:35 AM

My first thought is flea allergy, but if he's not scratching probably not. Have you washed his bedding in a new detergent or anything like that? :j: If there doesn't seem to be any discomfort I'd just keep an eye on it - and if it's no better or gets worse and he loses more fur you'd better get him to the vet, just in case it's something nasty.

#3 love.my.cats

love.my.cats

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:39 AM

I'd take him and have it checked by the vet. Not only for his sake but to give you a piece of mind that it's not ringworm, that can be passed onto people.
IPB Image

#4 Lee Lee

Lee Lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:27 AM

It could be ringworm....I would be taking this baby to the vet asap just to find out for sure as ringworm is contagious to humans and other animals.

#5 kittenmitten

kittenmitten

Cat Mad

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

would also be getting a check from the vet it isn't ringworm (and hope for your sake it isn't as that is a big undertaking to get your home clear)

#6 lynh

lynh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

I didn't think of ringworm, as (touch wood) I've never had any experience with it. Yes, it might be a good idea to take her to a vet asap for this reason. :sleepy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users