• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bellatrix

Bellatrix

New Poster

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

i bought my new kitten from the pet shop (first time ever buying from a pet shop). Since we got him, hes had ringworm which i have been treating on all my animals for the last week. Its looking okay, but still taking time to clear up. Hes about 4 months old now. The problem is with his ear, its starting to look scabby like. Ive attached the best photo i could get of it as he doesn't sit still for long. Over all he is healthy, treated for worms monthly along with worms. He eats right, plays with the other cats, sleeps, drinks water. I bathed him yesterday, the water was dirty. Our dog did have a patch on her back resulting from flea bites. Which was taken care of straight away yesterday with a broad spectrum chew. I will be getting revolution for my cats and kitten. Please help me!!! I haven't had him for long, but i have a great connection with him. My family became whole when he came into the family.

Attached Files

• Attached File  0_0.jpg   60.02KB   49 downloads

Proud Mumma to my babies.

Tara - 5 years old
Garfield - 9 months old
Onyx - 3 months old

#2 ChocolateDots

ChocolateDots

Cat Mad

• Admin
  • 965 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

I'm sorry you bought a kitten from a pet shop. I hope you've let them know he came with ringworm. Has he seen a vet?

#3 jaspersmum

jaspersmum

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

Hi Bellatrix I would suggest that you take him to the vets and discuss medication with them and also treatment of the environment. It is not an easy thing to treat and can reoccur.

#4 lynh

lynh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

Hi and welcome. I know we're all discouraged from buying pets from pet shops, and I do understand why. However, what's going to happen to all the poor animals who are still making it into shops and markets if people don't buy them, look after them and give them a decent chance at life? PTS is my guess if the pet shop can't sell them. Kitten and puppy farms need to be shut down to stop the major supply of these animals to shops in the first place. :i: My Lily and Poppy were both pet shop cats, and I've never regretted it for a second. :jj: Bellatrix, you would be best to get puss checked at the vet, for his ear, his general health, worming, vaccinations etc....... His problem could be simply from ear mites, which I believe is fairly easy to treat, but you do need to get a definite diagnosis, as you don't want to treat puss for the wrong thing. I've never had experience with ringworm and its such a shame you've had to experience this yourself. Hopefully you are over the worst of it. Please keep in touch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users