not weaned properly!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Panda Azura

Panda Azura

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

Because I'm a sucker (and I was down to one cat, Panda, because my boys kept passing away :'() I took on an 8 week old DMH boy. He eats and drinks fine on his own, but suckles everything! Including Panda! I don't want to keep them separated, but he is actually making her bleed :/ The person I got him from, had given away the rest of the litter, and his mum when he was 6 weeks old and was going to keep him. But decided to give him away when him suckling everything became a problem (there are so many names i want to call this person! but I know that won't help my current situation..) I had originally planned to rehome him when his vet work is complete, but now my husband and I are considering keeping him <3 I've been a part of rescue groups, taken in litters of kitten and had cats for years, but this is the most severe situation i've had to deal with :( I literally have to pull him off her! and he doesn't listen at all when I say no :/ Is there anything I can do to encourage him to not do it? and because he is adorable <3 Here is a photo! :D Attached File  SAM_0067.JPG   2.52MB   135 downloads
Cats - Kazran (Grey & White DMH), Panda (Torti Ragdoll X)
Dog - Taj (Pomeranian X)
Cockatiel - Alfie (Lutino)
+ 8 Rats <3

#2 ChocolateDots

ChocolateDots

Cat Mad

• Admin
  • 909 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

Adorable little boy, what a shame he was taken from mum so early. Does he suck your girl in the same place? You could try putting some of the bitter spray available at vets on her, it's used to keep them from licking wounds after surgery. Hopefully he'll grow out of it.

#3 Panda Azura

Panda Azura

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

always in the same place! I can't believe I didn't think of that before! But, I spoke to the vet about it, and she didn't suggest it either.. :P Thanks :D
Dog - Taj (Pomeranian X)
+ 8 Rats <3

#4 ChocolateDots

ChocolateDots

Cat Mad

• Admin
  • 909 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

This is the stuff, wound-gard spray http://www.trixanpet...ound-gard-spray

#5 Panda Azura

Panda Azura

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

Its working! :D best suggestion ever! Thank You! lol
Dog - Taj (Pomeranian X)
+ 8 Rats <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users