We need your support

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Help Homeless Cats SA

Help Homeless Cats SA

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

Dear COA forum members We, Help Homeless Cats SA, would like to share everyone about the increasing numbers of 'homeless' cats roaming around the suburban areas of South Australia. Our campaign aim is about education towards giving cats of all shapes and sizes, the love they need and a home to live in. Whether you are a cat owner who has own or adopted one or simply encounter and fed them, we believe through mainstream channels and forums we can help reduce the population and educated the public about how we can help them more than just feeding them alone. To help, here are a few things you can do for us! 1) Visit us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook...phomelesscatsSA and hit the 'like' button. It's that easy. While you're at it, you can also share us on your experiences with a homeless cat and even post a picture of your adopted cat that you have saved. 2) Help us spread the word on Twitter by following us @homelesscatssa and share your thoughts on it as well. 3) More importantly, visit our website at https://www.goodcatsa.com/homeless and share this to all cat lovers out there. You can also sign up on our forum on the page itself and post your feedbacks, thoughts and experiences. Cats are affectionate creatures and they deserve to be treated with the utmost care. Together we can create a better caring environment for our cats. We hope than you could visit us on our pages and show your support! See you there! Regards, The Team Help Homeless Cats SA

#2 Serena

Serena

Owned by Honey & Raidon

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Cats, cats and more cats<br />Genealogy

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

Done. Good luck.
To err is human, to purr is feline.

#3 Help Homeless Cats SA

Help Homeless Cats SA

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Thanks Serena! Feel free to send us your feedback on the campaign as well as share your thoughts on the topic of homeless cats. Thanks again and have a great day. The Team HHCSA

#4 gyan

gyan

New Poster

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:reading novels,cricket

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

actually I don't have idea how cats roaming around the suburban areas of South Australia? thanks...

#5 Help Homeless Cats SA

Help Homeless Cats SA

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Well Gyan, There are about half a million of homeless cats roaming in South Australia and they roam around the suburbs. To find out more, we suggest that you make a visit to our website as well as our social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter on our signatures below. Please, feel free to ask any questions with regards to the homeless cat issue or any feedback. Cheers, HHCSA

#6 kittenmitten

kittenmitten

Cat Mad

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

And again. Exactly what statistics are you using to back up this claim of that many cats in suburban sa. Wouldn't even think there us that many in the whole state.

#7 Rachelle

Rachelle

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

I personally wouldn't be surprised if the numbers were that high. I've been following your site. Having seen some of the colonies up here, and Darwin isn't anywhere near the size of SA, I know there are hundreds and hundreds that need our help but our group is only small so we continue to chip away at the ever increasing population. I wish we had more help and any sort of funding at all to help us. Good luck :)

#8 kittenmitten

kittenmitten

Cat Mad

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

yes Rachelle, but he is talking about surburban Adelaide - again where are the stats to back up the figures that are being claimed?

#9 Rachelle

Rachelle

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

I'm talking about suburban Darwin. I haven't even touched on the ones in the rural area, apparently it's the done thing to drive out to the farm and bush areas and dump unwanted animals. Coming from many years of rescue in suburban Brisbane, I lost count of the strays, and wouldn't be surprised if the numbers were that high there as well. Until our Government and local councils grow some balls and make mandatory desexing of companion animals a law and punishable, and until people take responsibility for their animals, the numbers will continue to grow. It's a very sad reflection on our leaders and humanity in general that this situation continues. This is a topic I feel very strongly about because I, my small group, other rescuers and shelters are left to pick up the pieces and it's just plain wrong.

#10 Heather Sharada

Heather Sharada

Cat Mad

• 3,048 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Well I do think the figure stated is probably a small exaggeration however I can say that in Victoria - last year the Cat Protection Society PTS 12,000 cats of those it was able to capture.....thousands more considered feral were also destroyed....so it is not a small number. CPS is just one organisation - Melbourne has many many more RSPCA, Animal Aide etc ertc...and I have not got time to search up their statistics. http://www.abc.net.a...-attack/2836460 It is sad that thousands of cats DO live rough in Suburbia and most would be invisible during the day time...different story if you are out and about at night though. I don't think the number is the issue - but there are numerous cats that need help.

#11 Help Homeless Cats SA

Help Homeless Cats SA

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Hi Rachelle, Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We know this is a long road to save the homeless cats. What we are trying to do hear from this campaign is actually to get people on board and really promote education on homeless cats and how we can reduce the number of homeless cats on the street. With that, we do hope you can be a part of the campaign by: i) Going to our Twitter (@homelesscatssa) and follow us from there ii) Hit the "like" button on our Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/HelphomelesscatsSA iii) Take part in our forums @ our very own website - www.goodcatsa.com/homeless This is part of our first stage of our campaign, to build a community of cat owners/lovers and band together to generate discussion and bring up some of the issues of homeless cats. We hope to hear from you more on the forums here as well as on other of our social media channels. Cheers :) HHCSA Team

#12 Help Homeless Cats SA

Help Homeless Cats SA

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Hey Heather, Yes, regardless of numbers, this is a serious issue. If we do not start somewhere, there's gonna be more homeless cats roaming and not being cared for. Even the shelters are limited and can accommodate as much as it can. We hope you can help us spread the word through our social media channels as well as in COA Forums as well. Cheers :) HHCSA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users