fussy eaters

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mydoona

mydoona

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

My cats LOVE only one thing....cooked prawns....they won't eat anything else..every morning they come running when I go to the kitchen and put the frozen prawns in a dish and defrost them with hot water,then rinse them off in cold water and if its prawns they do little dances and devour the prawns as soon as I put them in the plate, when I try to feed them anything else they sniff it and turn their noses up at it....they live on dry food and I am wondering what else I can give them to eat? Prawns are SO expensive and I heard not so good for them so I want an idea of something else I can feed them?? They hate tinned food of all kinds, they hate cooked lamb, roast chicken, tuna..I'm running out of options.

#2 fleabag

fleabag

shuffling, shuffling ...

• 2,445 posts
  • Interests:Pets, gardening ..travelling travelling travelling<br />Working with disabled kids, swimming with wild things ...

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

They have you bluffed ..lol...they WILL eat other food if there is nothing else .. They CAN live on dry ..so prawns are just their treat ..don't worry..
I could be unstoppable if I could just get started.

#3 lynh

lynh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

I can't vouch for this personally, but some friends from an o/s forum have just mentioned how much their cats LOVE tomato - in particular, sardines in tomato sauce. This also wouldn't be an every day food for cats, but if they like it, it would certainly break up the monotony of a dry only diet. Some cats like scrambled eggs. Have you tried raw meat? A couple of my girls like diced lamb, one diced chicken thigh meat. The aptly named VIP Fussy Cat Mince is in convenient portions - the most popular types in my house are the Prime Steak Mince and Chicken and the same with Fish. If your cats have mainly dry food, try to ensure they have plenty of water.

#4 Panda Azura

Panda Azura

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE(fleabag @ Apr 24 2012, 10:51 AM) [snapback]43987[/snapback]
they WILL eat other food if there is nothing else
That ^ don't give them the option and they will eat what you give them. My cats have always had the same food. The new kitten, didn't eat it for the first 4 days he was here. Now he doesn't even hesitate when i put his bowl down.
Cats - Kazran (Grey & White DMH), Panda (Torti Ragdoll X)
Dog - Taj (Pomeranian X)
Cockatiel - Alfie (Lutino)
+ 8 Rats <3

#5 Herbert

Herbert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Liberating batch-house cats. Opening the wire doors and letting them run wild.

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

Fussy eaters - most definitely, but what sometimes tries my patience is that cats are obsessive about food and eating. I've never had a cat yet that had a stop button when it came to begging me for food. They'll eat 24/7 if you let them. At any time if I go into the kitchen, my three Mousekateers will follow me and sit in a row - expecting yet another meal only an hour after they've already eaten. It's a totally neurotic obsession.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users