Sneezing???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mydoona

mydoona

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

MY two boys are sneezing alot and I am wondering if it is the flu?, they don't have overly watery eyes and are eating and drinking fine and playing around, should I call the vet or leave it to fix itself?

#2 lynh

lynh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

It could easily be the flu - I'd get them to the vet for a full check-up. My sister's cat had the same symptoms, but with a watery eye, and after a course of antibiotics which did nothing, she's now being treated for an allergy. She's been sick but not sick for about 6 weeks now, which is far too long, even for a cat who is eating and otherwise fairly well. Hope all is OK. :angelic:

#3 Lee Lee

Lee Lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

A vet visit is in order I think. Repeated sneezing without any other symptoms sounds more like Chlamydia to me than cat flu. Your vet might ask to do an eye or mouth swab to work out what the problem is and how best to treat it.

#4 Herbert

Herbert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Liberating batch-house cats. Opening the wire doors and letting them run wild.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

See the vet - and make sure he/she takes a proper look up the nose. What I thought was the flu with my 'Pepsi' - (the black cat in my avatar - 11 years with me) - was given a course of anti-biotics by my young vet. A couple of days later I happened to look up her nose and saw that it was blocked by some sort of obstruction which was almost hanging out the nostrils. Took her back to the vets where an elderly vet immediately diagnosed a terminal cancer of the sinuses. I had her put down. Be careful of letting young vets fresh out of college dismiss your cat's symptoms as something that can be fixed by a course of anti-biotics. I'm not saying they're lazy, but I suspect they get into the habit of resorting to the generic that all symptoms are a flu - and the solution is a course of anti-biotics. I now never tell a vet that I think a problem might be a cold or flu. I don't give them this initial encouragement to fall back on this 'convenient' diagnosis. Constant sneezing could be caused by some small foreign object lodged up the nose. Grass seeds, etc. There doesn't seem to be anything systemically wrong with your cats. Good luck.

#5 Cassyyi

Cassyyi

New Poster

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

hope they get better!
Click here for Maca for women Click here Maca tablets Click here for milk thistle benefits Click here Milk thistle for liver and health benefits from various herbs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users